Oxford Clinical Trials Research Unit
The Oxford Clinical Trials Research Unit (OCTRU) has integrated several trials groups from different therapeutic areas into a single Clinical Trials Unit (CTU). OCTRU is a fully registered CTU.
OCTRU encompasses the Oncology Clinical Trials Office, the Respiratory Trials Group, the Gastroenterology Trials Unit, the Surgical Interventional Trials Unit, and the trials groups from the Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences.
The scope of OCTRU is to design, conduct and report in both early and later phase clinical trials in surgery, musculo-skeletal sciences, respiratory medicine, gastroenterology and oncology. We focus in particular on development pathways and the evaluation of new health technologies in
- surgery and interventional procedures (including anaesthetics, surgical procedures, pre- and post-surgical care)
- trauma, rehabilitation and conservative management
- respiratory medicine/intervention and randomised trials
- pharmaceuticals, particularly in oncology
- the management of inflammation
- biomarkers to refine treatment strategies.
Visit the OCTRU website